Sunday, July 31, 2011

wittle baby Pinterest piggies

I would just like to acknowledge my Pinterest obsession...although I know I'm not the only one because whenever I get together with other moms we start talking Pinterest.  
Today my brother-in-law came up with my new catchphrase..."pin that".  
I love it!  
Anytime someone has a great idea or says something I like, I'm going to say "oh, pin that!"  Ha! 
The problem with Pinterest, though, is that it's hard to find the time to actually complete the projects I want to do because I'm too afraid that if I start doing them, it will take my attention away from the new pins piling up that I might want to do also.  
You know what I mean?!
Well, anyway, 
I managed to do this one and I love how it turned out!
I found this two pack of canvases at Walmart for, like, 5 dollars and some change.  They were the perfect size.
I painted one a dark gray, and when it was dry, I painted Gus' feet a pearlized white and stamped them right on there.  I love his itty bitty feetsies!
So the first canvas will have 4, 8, and 12 month footprints and the second canvas will have 16, 20, and 24, and I'll hang one over the other, and it will be the cutest thing ever (besides Gus). 



18 witty remarks:

Meredith said...

So cute!

mapleleavessycamoretrees said...

Great idea! Yeah, Pinterest is awesome and the devil all in one. But I love it.

Pam said...

I agree... pinterest is the devil. I need to find you. and stalk you. :) haha
I love your adaptation... esp the month tags underneath. I better pin this. :)

Lindsey said...

LOVE it!!!! I also know exactly what you mean by staring a project but fearing you might miss something! Lol!

Kelli W said...

That is such a cute idea! I wish I had done something like that with my boys when they were little!

Jane Anne said...

All of the sudden I keep seeing posts on blogs and Facebook about Pinterest. I am going to have to make time to check it out... Loved Samantha's crayon thing and this project is super adorable.

Sarah Coggins said...

Obsessed with Pinterest as well! How I found this post. :) Love your take on this idea!

Jen B. said...

I love this! What did you use to entire the months?

Naazju said...

Just wondering what you used to include the ages at the bottom of each set of footprints. I loved this idea so much, just need to finish it up! :D

ARK said...

Hey hey - that's my baby!! I saw your project on pinterest, clicked through and saw my project -- that is so fun!! Thank you! I love the way you added the words/months on the bottom - I've been wanting to do that with mine!

Cheers and blessings!
~Amy

Lucky2B said...

What kind of paint did you use for the canvas and to do his feet? I love this idea and would love to do it for my daughter!

Vee said...

Hi there,
Another Pinterest addict here! I had newborn prints done of both my daughter and son, offered by a lady that came around to the hospital. I tried to do the same for my sister when my nephew arrived but we couldn't get a good, clear print and landed up ruining all 6 boards we had. :-( Now there's another nephew arriving and I'd really like to give this a bash again. Any tips on how to get such a good print? Did you use baby powder on the foot before applying the paint and what kind of paint did you use?
Thanks - really love your adaptation.

Unknown said...

I love this! I can't wait to try it on my little monster! :]

weiya @ enjoyer of grace said...

Hi Jen! Just found you on Pinterest :) I'll be sharing this super cute DIY on my Friday Treats series tomorrow. Hope you can stop by sometime!

dara said...

Love this

ARK said...

Excited that you found my project and completed your own!! So Cute!

Please link my photo to the original post -- thanks!

http://www.anestforallseasons.com/2011/06/have-you-seen-my-babys-feet-diy-baby.html

Unknown said...

This is a darling idea! Thank you for sharing!

Unknown said...

I love this idea! Now that your project is finished (hopefully you kept up with it) could you post a photo of the final project?

I have a two month old and I can't decide when to start or which month intervals to make new footprints! Thank you!